Please see the official rules.
- The tournament will blend invitational and open formats.
- Sixteen (16) slots will be invitational, going to the best of the best of the field. These players will receive a bye until the round of 32 where they will face players from the open field. The invitational slots will be unseeded and randomly placed on their half of the field of 32.
- There is an unlimited number of open entries, going to any player who cares to play. These players will duke it out in single elimination, being distilled down to 16 players from the open field to make it to the field of 32 against the invitational slots.
- Matches will be single elimination until the round of 32, afterwards the tournament will be double elimination. It will give players who advance in the tournament a chance to redeem themselves from a bad match.
- The finals will consist of an undefeated opponent from the winner’s bracket and a once defeated opponent from the loser’s bracket. To the victor go all the spoils.
- Matches must occur within the schedule below.
- In the challenger rounds and in the main draw winner’s bracket, players will have 1 week to complete their match.
- In some weeks in the main draw loser’s bracket, players will have 1 week to complete 2 matches.
- If a match does not occur by the deadline, then the victor will be determined by a coin flip. However, if a player can demonstrate reasonable effort (as determined by the tournament director) to complete a match and their opponent cannot accommodate, the tournament director (interchangex) will advance the player who puts effort to play a match.
- The deadline to report a score for a match is 11:59 pm U.S. Eastern Time (GMT -4) on the Sunday of any given week.
- You will receive an e-mail for your next matchup as soon as it is set, which may be more than 1 week before the deadline. This will not change the deadline. The earlier you play, the better for everyone else.
- Keep in mind that players are playing from all over the world. Use Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) to schedule matches, and no exactly what your time zone is!
- (Sat Mar 31 – Fri Apr 6): Challenger round 1
- (Sat Apr 7 – Fri Apr 13): Challenger round 2
- (Sat Apr 14 – Fri Apr 20): Main draw winner’s round 1 (32 players)
- (Sat Apr 21 – Sun Apr 29): Main draw winner’s round 2 (16 players), Main draw loser’s round 1
- (Mon Apr 30 – Sun May 6): Main draw winner’s round 3 (8 players), Main draw loser’s round 2 & 3
- (Mon May 7 – Sun May 20): Main draw winner’s semifinals (4 players), Main draw loser’s round 3 & 4
- (Mon May 14 – Sun May 27): Main draw winner’s final (2 players), Main draw loser’s round 5
- (Mon May 21 – Sun Jun 3): Main draw loser’s semifinal & loser’s final
- (Mon Jun 4 – Sun Jun 10): ***World Championship Final***